The PedFACTs course is designed to help caregivers care for young children who suddenly becomes ill or injured.
In this course, the term caregivers include child care providers, teachers, school nurses, relatives, and others who care for children.
Caring Options of San Antonio is the first to offer the PedFACTs class along with the American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR AED First Aid Class in one day.
This is a hybrid PedFACTs class, consisting of online learning modules before attending class.
Class size is 4-6, allowing plenty of hands on, and class interaction/practice to foster confidence responding to an emergency. Access code for the online learning modules cost $7.50, to register, go to pedfactsonline.com.
$80 is paid to Caring Options, which covers your in class PedFACTs instructions, as well as the Heartsaver CPR AED First Aid class.
Upon successful completion, an American Heart Association completion card and a PedFACTs certificate, will be issued, both good for two years.
For those who are only interested in the PedFACTs course, cost is $7.50 for the online learning modules, and $45 payable to Caring Options of San Antonio for the in class PedFACTs instructions.
After participating in the PedFACTs course, students will be better able to:
- Apply the 4Cs of Pediatric First Aid to medical situations.
- Recognize an ill or injured child.
- Identify specific types of medical problems and give appropriate first aid care.
- Know when to call EMS
- Know how to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Understand what an automated external defibrillator (AED) does and how to use one.
- Know what to do when a child is choking.
- Give rescue medication for a breathing problem.
- Use an epinephrine auto-injector for severe allergic reactions.
See First Aid Class Page for course objectives for the CPR AED First Aid class.
- CALL FOR CURRENT SCHEDULE - (210) 507-2299