Essential oils are not just those weird little bottles that certified Aroma therapist use, they are used by people like you and me safely every day. Essential oil use can support your family’s health and wellness safely.
General Safety Guidelines to Consider when using Essential Oils
- Before using an oil, become familiar with its properties, dosage instructions and precautions. It’s up to the user to educate themselves properly on the proper use of each essential oil before using the oil.
- When it comes to essential oils, a little goes a long way.
- Some oils are not safe to take internally.
- Some oils are not safe to use while pregnant
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Do not use essential oils in the eyes or in the ear canals
- Use oils of the highest quality and purity and ensure safety for use on or in your body. Not all oils are created equal.
- Talk to your healthcare provider before using essential oils if you are taking any medications, as some oils may have interactions when taken along with certain drugs.